HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lets hear everyones thoughts on QDM
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 11:35 AM
huntinfool14
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lets hear everyones thoughts on QDM

A hunter I wasn't saying that the buck-to-doe ration is 1 to 37. That is what it is from the amount of deer I saw. Their are probably a lot of deer that I didn't see in my area.
Wouldn't you like to see more bucks instead of a ton of does. You know that if you start harvesting does that the buck population will increase.
Everyone hunts the deer for sport. But thats not the important part about it. I hunt to try to help the deer herd also. It makes it very hard for the deer to survive if there is so many deer that their is no food.
I don't understand why you think doe hunting is cheap. Maybe it is a lot different where you hunt. Maybe you have a lot of open country out there and you can see a lot of deer out in the fields or something, and that is why you can see so many deer. Out here you can only see about 100 yards or so unless you hunt next to an agricultural field.
Do you know how hard it is to sit in a tree stand for days and not see any deer? Try sitting in a cold treestand all season and not see any deer then have a nice doe come by you, I doubt to many people would pass up on that doe, especially if the freezer is empty.
You said you hunt for the antlers. Sure, everyone does that, dreams of killing a big buck. Buck other then a conversation piece and something nice to look at, what good are they? Once again, you cannot eat the horns.