HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lets hear everyones thoughts on QDM
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 09:04 PM
huntinfool14
Fork Horn

Default Lets hear everyones thoughts on QDM

Okay, I'm not trying to start any thing here, I just want to have a discussion on what other teenagers think about QDM. Lets not criticize anyone on this, just have a friendly conversation about this.
In the other post someone said you shouldn't shoot a doe. Maybe so in California, but where I live in Indiana(ahunter-not close to same area as you) I see 10 times the amount of does as bucks. Like just last year, combined me and my dad saw probably 150 does, maybe 4 bucks! I thought hunting was so that we can make the buck-to-doe ratio as close to 1 to 1 as possible. With the number of does to bucks I saw last year it was close to 1 to 37. Just think about all the does that go into estrous and never get bred because all the bucks are with other in heat does. Maybe out west this is different and people out there don't need to shoot does. I try to fill my doe tags every year, but this isn't going to help if no one else shoots does. It would be nice to see at least a couple more bucks per year, but like said in the other post, you cannot eat antlers! Plus, does are just as big as a challenge as bucks, especially with a bow!

What is everyone elses opinion about this? Again, lets keep this a friendly conversation, and no name calling. I just want to see what other teenagers around the world think of this topic.