HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How would you like to come up on THIS in the woods?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How would you like to come up on THIS in the woods?

I use to be an amature herptologist catching, trapping, and relocating reptiles and other animals for the state of floridaat the injured wildlife santuary, I have been bitten 4 times by rattlers and one cotton mouth that has left my left index finger deformed. The largest eastern diamondback that I caught was 6'3", and it took me and another handler to hold it, it was pure mussle and almost pulled its head out of my hand and the fang was overlipping its lipand I had to take and throw the snake down and as we were trying to recapture it,the dang thing had about a 4 or 5 foot striking radius and we finally caught it after what felt like forever. We made $350.00 off that snake.
If the diamondback in this picture was over 8 foot in length when it was alive, I personaly would of paid $5,000.00 for it, if it wasn't gassed. Cause I know I can sell it for a minimum of 10.
The snake dead may be 9'3" dead with its mussles relaxed, but alive it may of been 7 ft, (+-)but that still a hellava huge ratter and it sickens me that it was killed. Lot of southern states has the diamondback on the threatened specie list, making it illegal to kill it. Iwould like tosee if there is a law in texas about if it is an endangered specie and I would like to see this guy prosecuted for what I call a trophy of a snake.

Bobby