HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 01:53 AM
BT
Typical Buck

Default RE: New WINCHESTER SUPER SHORT MAGNUM

from what i have read the only one i might be inersted in would be the 7mmWSM. or maybe if they would come out with a 35,40,or 458 wsm. chamberd in the browing leaver action that would be the only rifle that would interest me. 35W performance in a SA leaver gun would be just abut perfet for theas swamps here.

the 243 or a 22 baced on theas cases "perfubaly a shorter version of the WSM case" would be of interest. IF they would make the bullets very heavy for cal. and the rifles with the twist to hanald them. i could see the 22 with about 100 to 105gr bullet weight and a 243 120-135gr bullet weight. whith a bullet proply disined for big game. the SD would be there for very good stright line penetration. so maybe a long range low recoial deer round?

jjoel--as stated befor the 30-06mag is all redy out there in many forms. but i get what you are saying. the 30-06 acley inproved could be marked as the 30-06 mag. and if i rember right the normal 30-06 round could be shot out of the same gun. if you could not find the 30-06mag if you were to run out of ammo on a hunt
L. O. D. Charter member and L.O.S.