HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T/C Scout
Thread: T/C Scout
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
OzoneRanger

Default RE: T/C Scout

Encoreman,
Thanks for the reply.
I sent a letter to Thompson and got a reply to this question.
They said that in 1997 there was a fire at their facility that destroyed the Scout prodution area and many of the records were lost. They did state that the Texas Scout was the only state model made and that was in 1994.
I have seen two Texas scouts including the one I have and both of them have a TS over the ser.# and they are 3digit numbers. The one I have is in the 400 range and the other 040 range. I beleive there was 500 of these made.Both of these guns are 50cal. I think they all are.
As for the Cody Scouts , I know of four ( one is my gun). I was a dealer years ago and had three of these at one time and still know three of the guns owners. If I recall there was 500 of this model made with 250 being 50cal. and 250 being 54cal. Three of the guns I know of are 54's and the other is 50cal. The serial numbers are not as the Texas scouts and look as though the receivers from which they were made had been pulled of the line at randum. The numbers have no order are consecutiveness to them as far as I can see.
So any assistance with putting this history together will be a great help ,as there is a lack in records from the factory.