HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Game Handgun - Got the Bug - HELP
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 01:21 PM
ncdukker

Default RE: Big Game Handgun - Got the Bug - HELP

I like my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44. It has a scope and a 10 1/2 barrel and has dropped alot of big game. Hogs in the 300 pound range at 75-100 yards with one good shot. Where I am now I haveno use for it and am selling it. But for a good handgun for hunting this is the beast. With the 300 grain Hornady XTP not alot of movement after the shot. The 44 provides a wide range of ammo depending on what you are using it for. i normally hunt with the 240 grain XTP for deer and works like a champ. The farthest i have shot a deer with this was about 125 yards. There was an article in guns and ammo years ago about the Super Blackhawk and XTP ammo and that is what spurred me towards the Ruger. The one they tested had a 7.5" barrel and they were dropping Pronghorn at 175 yards. The gun did have a mod on it and that was the barrel was magna-ported. My ad is in here if anyone is interested. Comes with alot of accessories and options. Thanks Mike