HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - guided hunts?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 11:42 AM
MA Jay

Default RE: guided hunts?

Most important elements for me.

[ul][*]If possible I want to KNOW someone who has been there already, gives me someone I know who I can relate to in terms of expectations.[*]Hunter Density, part of the "pay" part is to have purchased the right during my hunting not to have to worry about other hunters.[*]Quality of the game herd in the area we would be hunting[*]The guide's idea of hunting and my role in it. I would not hunt with a guide who expected me to follow them and sit where they say sit or felt that driving roads was hunting. I would be looking for people interested in partaking and aiding in MY hunt, to include pouring over maps together, glassing, field dressing, calling and packing together.[*]$$$$$ - Paying for access and accomodations is not a problem for me, expecting me to pay for success or animal quality and I would never hunt with that outfit even if it were free. The idea of buying animals makes me sick. I don't mind paying for equipment rental, guide's time, access rights to a farmer or landowner. I do that in almost areas of my life already.[/ul]
These would cover it and they aren't necessarily in order.