HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did I Buy The Right GoldTips ?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 09:37 AM
ampahunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Did I Buy The Right GoldTips ?

MossyOak--seeing that you were buying the arrows mainly for bowhunting, the better choice would have been the Ultralights.
If you had mentioned this to the person before buying the arrows, then it seems they may have been thinking just about selling some arrows rather than addressing what your needs were. AND--I'm not trying to start something here--I'm just trying to say what's best forYOU under these circumstances.
The 22 Series actually has an outside diameter of .344", comparable to a 2216 aluminum shaft. They originally came in 22 Series Pro +/-.001", 22 Series XT+/-.003" and 22 Series Hunter +/-.006".
However these shaft were 'designed' with the 3D archer in mind, for target and 3d shooters (competition). All of these shafts comes in one spine size and for bows set between 40 to 60 # DW the shafts must be 'at least 30" in length and use 100-125 gr heads. Over 60 -70# DW you can then use the arrows at your desired length with a 50-100gr head.
So these are some things you need to know--and maybe--should have been told.
If, like you've mentioned youinterest was to get yourself some hunting shafts--then the 22 Series wasn't the best option. IMHO.
Get yourself some XT Hunters or even the ProUltralights with the right spine and you'll be better off. JMO.