HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Taxidermist ...just how long should we be expected to wait?
Old 02-04-2006, 03:30 PM
TXhighrack

Default RE: Taxidermist ...just how long should we be expected to wait?

I REFUSE to wait long periods of time for my mounts. I take my deer to 3 different taxidermist, depeding on what I'm having done. I shot a buck this year and I'm having it mounted. A father and son team does all the actual mounting and detail work, but they do send the hides off to a tannery. On average they do 350-450+ whitetail shoulder mounts, which does not count the other hundreds of mounts they do of different animals. They also do not start their taxidermy work until after deer season has closed (Jan. 15). The longest I have ever waited is 8 months, most of the time I'll have it back in 6. This year my buck won at a couple of big buck contest, so I need the mount back for the awards banquet. So I will get the deer back early May. Here is an example of work that my taxidermist do. These are what they consider "standard commercial mounts". Pictures to follow in the next few post......... hold on....