HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ban Jimmy Houston
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 08:10 AM
JagMagMan
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ban Jimmy Houston

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter
I think most people knew something goes on at some level with all the "hunting" shows. I think the graphic nature of the video really makes it hit home. I for one never envisioned these pro "hunters" sitting in a stand watching a buck bounce back and forth off a fence untill he's tired and then shooting him. I guess I was somewhat naive to assume that hunting iside an enclosure was a little more like fair chase than that.

I aint buying the 1200 acre enclosure either. So Jimmy just happened to set up in a corner where you could see 2 of the fences from his stand? He can cry all he wants now. There is no doubt in my mind he knew there was unethical/illegal activity that went on before he stepped foot in Bellars ranch. I've talked to some Indiana hunters via message boards that live fairly close to the ranch and they say it was clear as day the guy was a scumbag. Kind of like hunters in a neighborhood know the one or two people in the area that are poachers.
NYBH, I agree with you. I've always known that most of these "shows," are "staged!"I think some are more staged, than others! I do see that the smaller the property is, the less it becomes "hunting!"
As long as it is legal, they will market it as "hunting," and not "butchering!"