HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - broadhead flight?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 06:42 PM
aeroslinger
Typical Buck

Default RE: broadhead flight?

I'm going to side with those suggesting to adjust your rest. I have found I can get most fixed broadheads I have tried to fly with the field tips. I usually shoot Spitfires but have found if I tune my bow with fixed heads it will show if its off or not. I can get the field tips and mechanicals to group great with not everything in sync. When I shoot the fixed they will show where I'm off. I got my new bow about month ago and had the fields and mechs grouping tight but not the fixed. Actually, I have some Nitrons that grouped with the fixed/mechs but there are some fixed with smaller cutting diameters that will group. The larger ones, Muzzy's, Montecs G5's, T-heads, wanted to fly left about 3". I moved my rest to the left and my sight and bingo! Fixed flying with fields and mechs. I had tight groups before but they are actually tighter now. I have some cheaper fixed, Satellite and Eastman, that seem a little more inconsistant but close. I really believe tuning your bow to get the fixed and field tips is the way to go. I really like the Spitfires but fixed blades flying true is hard to beat.