HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Taxidermist ...just how long should we be expected to wait?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:49 AM
DoctorDeath
Giant Nontypical

Default Taxidermist ...just how long should we be expected to wait?

I have been reading a lot of discussion in the Taxidermist forum and there seems to be a common theam ...return time. The guys in the business (in general not ALL)seem to feel the hunter should be very patient if they want quality work and expect to wait between 12 to 24 months to get their trophy back. They seem to feel that because they have such a back log of work and thier work is under such demand that we (the hunter) should understand the time restrants they are under... assuming we all expect quality work when we drop off our trophy to be mounted what is a "reasonable" amount of time to wait to get it back? I am talking about a whitetail or muledeercommercial typemount not a show mount.. Please post YOUR thoughts on this subject ..we have a lot of taxidermist on this web site and it might give them some insight on the hunters concerns...I hope we can stay on the subject of this poll ...

dd