HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - lookin to buy new bow.
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 04:47 PM
cameronmclain

Default RE: lookin to buy new bow.

mdhunter27 -
You clearly stated that you want to spend 400-500, but I'll tell you about my bow. I recently purchased a Mathews Switchback, and it's pretty sweet shooting. To be honest, I paid $650 bare bow, but if you want to use the accessories from your old bow, maybe you could swing it. It's fast, quiet, and super accurate. But so are a lot of other bows. I also shot the Hoyt Powertec while trying to make my decision. It's a great bow, but like Missouri Migr8r said it's flinging about 270-280 fps.MySwitchback is shooting 310.You may not be concerned with speed, but if you are it's something to check out. Anyway, point is, I agree with Missouri Migr8r on the fact that whatever bow you're most comfortable with is what you should get. I also didn't want to spend more than $480-$500, but after testing the Mathews I knew that was the one for me. I just saved a little more out of another paycheck! There are a lot of great bows, and my only advise is to not rush into anything, make sure you test everyone you're interested in, and you may have to wait till you get another paycheck!!!! Happy Hunting, and good luck finding a bow!!