HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ibo vs actual speed
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: ibo vs actual speed

It veries with every bow, but the above figures will get you close. I think the bowtech manuals have some of it listed in them as well. Some bows are more effecient than others with different set ups.

To be honest, I just wouldn't worry about it. Shoot your bow the way you want to shoot it and take what you can get. Don't sacrifice something you want for a few extra FPS because you will notice it while shooting. The only difference will be on paper or thru a chrono. Too many people fudge thier draw length, shoot too much poundage or set thier bows up in a manor they don't like or are not used to in order to gain very negligable amounts of speeds. Then wonder why they can't that well. And then when you add the stress of hunting on top of it it really doesn't make sense.

Sorry for the rant, I know that isn't what you wanted. The above figures are pretty close to what I use. I agree with the above though, just shoot it thru a chrono. Find the bow you want, have it set up to fit you and shoot a few arrows thru a chrono while you are testing it out to see what it does compared to other bows. If this is not an option where you are buying your bow, I would look for a different shop. No way would I spend that kind of money without being able to compare different bows to each other.

Good luck,
Paul