HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - California Bighorn Ram Officially in the British Columbia Record Book!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Hemi

Default RE: Smoked a Cal Bighorn Ram (NEW PICS)

Thanks for all the interest and replies on this thread! Its really a great bunch of guys and gals that frequent this board. I know I sure enjoy reading all of interesting topics on here.

Shato,

I completely understand where you are coming from in your previous post!In no way what so ever did i believe you were demeaning the fact that myself as a BC resident havea distinct and clear advantage at attaining each of the species of sheep available to fill the slam..with the exception being the Desert Rams. I would like to attempt in filling the BC slam which includes the California Bighorn, Rocky Mtn Bighorn, Dall and Stone species of sheep. In reality I would never see myself paying $50G for any hunt![:-]I do know that living in BC is an outdoorsmans dream and I do not take it for granted.

Tango,

Glad to see you made it through the Holidays!! Cheers!

It would be a complete crime if the outfitters had their way and tied up all of the Resident tags for their own profit. I would like to know just how much money the guides here in BC actually put back into the wildlife funds? How much do the guides pay for these $30G US sheep hunt tags from the BC wildlife branch? Im sure the guides claim that their hunting trips put xxx amount of money into the local economies etc.etc.. but thats a bunch of bull anyways. They pick thier clients up at the airport rush them into the boonies to shoot their staked out ram pat them on the back and send them home so the next group can come in. And please do not take my position as anti guide or anti non residents because that is far from my stand point. I believe everyone should have a chance to make a living. And as far as non residents please come and experience our beautifull province, you will always return after once visiting! I guess the bottom line is the guides better not try and get too greedy or there will for sure be a revolt from the resident sportsman!

As for the mount, I will post pics as soon as I get my hands on it!