HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - FURIOUS IN LOUISIANA!!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 07:02 AM
RIStrutStopper
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FURIOUS IN LOUISIANA!!

ORIGINAL: TroopA
I purchased a 2004 Bowtech Extreme VFT during the summer '04 and loved the speed and quietness of the bow. The only problem with the bow was that it seemed to eat up the bowstrings really quickly.
Sorry to hear about your limb and dealer troubles. I'm sure BowTech will makethat right. This quote caught my eye immediately though. I have an '03 Ext VFT and have never had bowstring problems. I changed the string and cables out after 2+ years so I could have a spare set available. The original string seemed to still be fine though. I don't shoot that much, but I do shoot a couple times a week maybe 10 months out of the year. I have seen people with string problems on these bows though and the reason was over rotation of the cam due to improper placement of the draw stop. If you check your manual I think ittells you the range for where the draw stop should be for a particular module. I'm curious if that could be why you were eating up strings? They may not have set the bow up right for you to begin with...