HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cabela's 15' deluxe ladder stand......
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 10:54 PM
Iowa Monsterbuck

Default RE: Cabela's 15' deluxe ladder stand......

The platform is really small and it is hard to turn for a shot to your right (left if you are left handed). I wear a size 11 boot and the platform is no deeper than the sole of my boot and it's only about 20 inches wide so you can't really pivot your feet around you need to pick one up and twist your body around and shift your foot over and plant your foot back down. A lot of movement. The price is hard to beat though and if you are careful in placing it to keep a high percentage of your shots to your left or straight ahead they are ok.

Realistically they really need to at least double the size of the platform. I don't understand why they don't make it bigger. The extra steel couldn't cost that much more and even if they charged 10 or 15 dollars more the improved stand would sell much better. If money is an issue with you or you are looking to buy a few stands then it's not a bad stand other than the platform size.