HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone see ducks or geese do bizarre things?
Old 01-23-2006, 12:45 PM
CJSDuck

Default RE: Anyone see ducks or geese do bizarre things?

My brother, his buddy and I were out earlier in the year on a public marsh. We were having a great morning and shot quite a few teal, gadwall and a couple of mallards. We were also competing against another hunting party maybe a half mile away. Well, around 10 am we decided we had enough fun. So we started to pack up our decoys and let the other guys down the way get some action. As soon as we started heading for the trucks we heard them lay on their calls and they started sky blasting. It sounded like WWII over there. They only winged one of the birds and from over a half mile away we saw this duck start to fly right towards us and start his long descent into the marsh grass to die. My brother took of his baseball cap and swung at the duck and knocked it right onto the ground in front of him. He pounced on it and we had one more gadwall in the bag. I couldnt believe of all the places that duck could have landed he chose our path. God bless Max-4