HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - JUST for my friends ...#13
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 08:33 AM
DoctorDeath
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: JUST for my friends ...#13

Hank thank you my friend .. I know there are a lot of misgivings on here based onwhere we live... sure this buck is no trophy if you hunt 500 acres and can manage the deer somewhat ..or if you hunting up north where the farms are 1000 acres or larger with acres and acres of cornso you can let the small bucks walk and feel comforatble you might see them next year without some yahoo like me shooting them ... but if your from THIS area where we have very small farms...mostly nothing but cotton planted on themwith sub-divisions being built EVERYWHERE now days do to the enormous explosion in our economy which shrinks the areas we can hunt in more and moreyou would understand I think ... yep we still have a good number of deer but very few palces to hunt them unless your a CEO ..Doctor ...Attorney who can afford to buy huntingproperty here now ....10 years ago you could buy mountian property here for about $500.00an acre ...now due to all the building going on and thanks to all these deer hunting shows on TV you will have to pay $2000.00 and up per acre ..Im just an poorold country boy who has to hunt what he can ...

dd