HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Patriot owners, past and present........
Old 01-21-2006, 10:02 AM
elkaddict

Default RE: Patriot owners, past and present........

I'm a real fan of Patriots, owning both a 02 and a 03. Both are 70lb/29ds/SC. They are smooth, quiet, fast and accurate. While they are approximately 20fps slower than my allegiance when shooting the same 400g arrows, they are still a joy to shoot and I shoot them weekly. In any event, a 400g arrow at 270fps+ is plenty fast. The draw on the binary cams has taken some time getting used to. Every time I shoot the Pats, I'm amazed at how smooth they are. While it is hard to justify the need for two back ups, I can't bring myself to selling one--I'd rather keep it than get what its worth on the used bow market. I'm hoping, in a few years, my boy will grow out of his martin jaguar and into one of the Pats--it will be easier to rationalize keeping them. I would venture that used Patriots are the best buy on the used bow market these days as many bowtech junkies are looking trade their iinfity cams in for the new binary cam bows. You just can't go wrong with a Patriot!