HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How I enforced training with a shock collar
Old 01-19-2006, 07:04 PM
PA GOBBLER
Typical Buck

Default RE: How I enforced training with a shock collar

well i did some work today. i had him inabout an acre fenced in area. and i let him run for a while to burn off his energy. then i said "here", warning beep, zap, zap,zap while saying here over and over. and he would turn and start coming to me and i didnt zap him then he would try to go another way then i zap him again till he came to my hand. i tell you what about 3 times of doing that he would come once i said "here" even when he was at the other end of the place and he couldnt see me, i yelled "here" and he came a runnin.. so i would say it was working pretty good. after the first time i turned it down a little now he dont need a high power just a low power..
missed another- the warning beep worked the 4th time just the beep and he came, after that it was just on the word..

now how long should i work w/ "here" before i use another command.. ionly want the collar for a few things not for everything. just whoa, and heel. which he knows just off leash he wont listen. so anyone want to give me a time frame i dont want to give him too much at first.
thanks