HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .243 for deer
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
zrexpilot
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: .243 for deer

ORIGINAL: James B

There is no doubt that a well placed shot is the key nio matter what you shoot. I only point I was trying to make is that sometimes a heavier bullet will reach those vitals that may not be reached with lighter bullets. That on poor shot angles or big bones to shoot through. I say this because I have seen it happen quite a few times where light bullets do not penetrate tough shoulders and such. If you pass on those shots and can always wait for the right angle and a clear shot at the vitals then its a mute point. Hunt long enough and you will see what I mean. If I had nothing else I would surely hunt deer with the 6MM Remington. I just have many better choices.

Bah humbug !
Are we talking about the same animals, cause deer arent that tough a critter. Anything from a .222 and bigger will have no problems reaching the vitals of a deer. You act like the damn deer are wearing bullet proof vest or something, Jeeeez.
Are you talking about trying to reach the vitals through the damn ham or what.
Freaking arrow can go through the shoulder of a deer. .243 aint gonna sweat doing it. Puhleeeease !