HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Chrono Results 2006 Old Glory with 443 Grain Arrow
Old 01-17-2006, 05:32 PM
MilDotMaster

Default RE: Chrono Results 2006 Old Glory with 443 Grain Arrow

People let this post be a lesson for all of us. I just got off the phone with BowTech Tech Services. He shot a 70# 2006 Old Glory with 31 inch draw length through the chrono for me using a 450 grain arrow and got a consistant 288 fps. That's with an arrow that is 7 grains heavier than my arrows. After further evaluation we found out that my bow has 6 dots showing past limb andit issupposed to be at 5 dots past limb. He said that required 3 twists for the top and 3 twists for the bottom to bring it within factory specs. We also agreed thatthe twistswouldn't make up the entire loss of speed, so I put a mic to my limb pivot spacers and found out that they are only .110 thick and they are supposed to be .230 thick. The wrong pivots were installed from our best guess. The thicker the pivot, the more load is put on limb and thus more speed in generated. I have the "tall" pivots on order through local shop since my bow has the short pivots installed.

What can we learn from this??? Once again local dealers don't always know everything and in a busy time of day may give you incorrect info. I specifically asked my dealer if I needed to check or "rig" anything on this bow on date of purchase after kicking down over $750 for this bow. He said nothing needs to be done since it is a binary cam system. Well those 6 dots have been showing since date of delivery. Then I find out today I need 3 twists on top and bottom to bring bow to 5 dots. Go figure.

Second lesson always know what your bow specs should be and inspect it before purchase. I wonder how many people are out their shooting bows that are not set-up correctly. I have been and I tend to notice most problems. Please double check your new bows.

BowTech has been great to work with on the phone and I look forward to resolving these issues. I only post this topic here so others may be able to learn what to check for and how to inspect their new bows.

Best Regards