HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I took the mathews challenge....and...
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Diesel77
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I took the mathews challenge....and...

But! The draw cycle on the Trykon was terrible! Just before you get into the valley, there's this SURGE of resistance. I had felt it a week or so ago at another shop where I tried out a 70 pounder, but I thought it was perhaps just that I wasn't used to 70 pounds. It seemed even worse on the 60 pound bow! The trykon also had a bit of a metallic ping to it at the shot. Probably curable, but the Switchback didn't have ANY noise at all!
ROFL Thats the EXACT same thing I felt when shooting the Switchback. Very twangy sound at release and I felt an increase needed to pullit over the bubble. Both bows had ALMOST no hand shock so I guess the Trykon you guys shot was defective or something because every person I know that has boughta Trykonhas experiencedalmost no shock and almost no noise. Its impossible to say they have no noise or shock. Thats why I went with the Trykon. I guess that goes to show you its all how it feels in your hand. My best friend is an State police officer here in MD. He used to own a Mathews until he shot a Trykon. I bought my Trykon before he bought his. We shot our bows using his decibel/sound meter and the Trykon wasslightly quieter than his Switchback.