HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Outfitter Gratuity
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 01:27 PM
DoctorDeath
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Outfitter Gratuity

ORIGINAL: royaltine

I am a guide and have guided for the last 12 years. I average maybe 1200-1500 bucks per month in wages. I hunt my butt off for everyone and certainly don't expect a tip. I don't think clients should tip outfitters, but if the guides do a good job for them, I think they should get tipped. We have bills we have to pay too. We especially should get tipped when babysitting a%$ holes like Dr. Death! He's probably the same guy that walks out of the restaurant after he just stiffed the waitress!
Its As$$ like you with attitudesthat make me never want to tip a guide ...if you do a good job then you HAVE done your job ...anything less and your robbing the hunter AND the outfitter your represent ...thats one of the problems with this country ..a LOT of people now daysEXPECT more then they deserve .. I mean why else would a hunter book with an Outfitter for these HIGH AZZ prices expectinganything less then a GREAT hunt ..which includes a good guind who workshard ..I beleive a guide should makegood money BUT negoitate THAT with your employee ..if he does not pay you what your worth then do not do the work ... SIMPLE !

dd

dd