HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?
Old 01-14-2006, 12:01 PM
BOWFANATIC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

You will quickly learn that corn is not even the deers favorite food around here especially when the acorn crop is good. I can tell you that acorns, natural grasses, and woods browse are a whole lot more natural than planted crops.
Alot healthier for the deer also! Sounds like they sure as hell don't "need corn" to survive.

And, If you want to call the forest around here a crop, you will find that the visibility in the woods here is probably 40 yards at the most without cutting a branch here and there with a chainsaw.
Sounds just like the areas here in Wisconsin I hunt , and actually prefer to hunt.

Most successful hunters around here find you have to fight through all of that I just described and find the trails, the buck sign, very secluded bedding areas to kill anything much more than a yearling.
Sounds like hunting to me. I live for that sh**!

Come down here from the north, and dump that bucket of corn on the ground. (I'm not suggesting you even want too). You will not only be very frustrated, but you will fit the stereotype of a Yankee (only talking stereotype here), and at best an unexperenced southern hunter.
Nope , wouldn't want to! And if Idid ,if it weren't for my yankee accentand my lack of chew spit running down my chin , you'd just think I'm another good ol boy who knows how to really hunt!