HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DD scores again ... #10
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:50 AM
DoctorDeath
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DD scores again ... #10

3D that is a very good post ... very well thought out ..the only think I would add to it is the fact you need a decent sized piece of property if you going to manage your deer ... I have three pieces that I can hunt in Alabama and Tennessee ... one piece is about 120 acres ...one other (were I am hunting now) is about 80 acres and I have one other that is about 27 acres ... makes it EXTREAMLY hard to manage deer on those small pieces pf property but if someone can tell me how (short of putting up a high fence) then I would be tickeld to try .. personally I think this "managing" deer and "Trophy" hunting is way over rated due to all the TV shows...(Im just a deer hunter plain and simple)...and depending on what part of the country you live in you just can't do it in some places ... I get a LOT of criticisum on here for shooting "imature" bucks ..but yet it seems most of that comes from hunters up north who get to hunt big property ..in big woods that produce big bucks..BUT I very seldom get critcised from southern hunters who know what it is like to hunt the way I have to...small tracts of land ...everybody and their teenage brother hunting next to you...nothing but cotton for the most part .....not making excuses but just stating the facts ..so when I get the chance to take a buck ..as long as its not a button or a yearing .. and if I know the meat will be appreciated I take it if I can ... Thus the name "Doctor Death" ...now with that said I wont mention that I got # 11 this morning at about 7.25 ..

dd