HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - interesting question about farmers and deer, please respond....
Old 01-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Hotburn76

Default RE: interesting question about farmers and deer, please respond....

Not sure what type of permit ohbowguy is talking about but last year the farmers land that I hunt was bad last year in his beans. TheDNR came out and gave him six doe only tags. The DNR warned me because I was there, that the tags had to be used on the owners land and if I got caught using it on other land he would put the hurtin on me. The tags could be used by anyone but it had to be during legal season and with legal equipment. You did not have to donate the meat or any thing like that. He also said they will only give out doe tags since killing buck wont help the population that much. Their isa tree farm not far from my house that we get our christmas tree from every year and he has deer damage, when I asked him about it he to said that theDNR will only give him doe tags and told him to get more hunters for the bucks. I have Attached a photo of a tag that was not filled last year. hopefully it shows up ok. Just ask around and maybe you can find a spot like that, but most of the "honey holes" are probally taken.