HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DD scores again ... #10
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 07:58 AM
NY Bowhunter
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: DD scores again ... #10

For the record (for what it's worth). I'm not sure if I am being refered to as "the trophy police" or not. But, I have never and will never put anyone down for shooting any kind of deer legally. I've shot my share of young bucks in my time. I'm now at the point where I prefer to shoot what I consider a trophy buck. Just my personal preference. I am not one of those trophy hunters that believe the entire nation should adopt the same style of hunting as I do. It's just what I do and would like to have done with the people that hunt my land.

There are pieces of land that I hunt that the chance of taking a mature whitetail are slim and none. Not big enough to manage and the neighbors are more than willing to shoot anything with horns (which is fine). So I can clearly see why there are a lot of hunters that shoot young bucks. I am fortunate enough to have some other land that holds some decent bucks and that's what I chose to hunt. Who really cares? I dont' think you should have to explain yourself to WHAT you shoot to anyone (unless it's a guest on your land and you set the standards to them). A trophy is in the eye of the hunter.