HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DD scores again ... #10
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 05:23 PM
DoctorDeath
Giant Nontypical

Default DD scores again ... #10

I will not be posting a picture of this buck simply because it is not a "trophy" and I do not want to be reported to the "trophy police" on here but I will tell the story and you can take it for what its worth. I went to a small piece of property about 20 min from my home here in north Alabama. I really was not planning on hunting but really just wanted to scout a little to see if there was any rut sign...all I wore was some jeans, boots and my orange as it was pretty warm today...really did not see much other then a few small scrapes ...as I was walking out about 3.00 I decided to set ina lock on we had next to a field road that runs next to a creek ..the stand is about 45 yards inside the woods through some pines which meet hard woods...I pulled my backpack off and set it next to the road and walked in.. I had set for about an hour and a halfwhen I saw a deer running up a fence line about 100 yards away through some thick woods ... I grunted a couple of times and then just listened ..I heard a deer jump a fence and I could hear him coming towards me ...I could see flashes of him walk at an angle in my direction ...at about 65 yards I raised my muzzleloader ..found him in the scope and fired ..with all the smoke I was not sure I had hit him at first but I heard him run through the pines towards the road I had walked in on and thought I heard him pile up ...I was loosing light so I got down and tried to find where he had been standing when I shot ... I found some blood and started to trail ...as some of you guys know from some of my post I do not see well anymore and was having trouble with the fadding light finding blood ...but I was sure I had heard him fall ...after about 20 min and getting a little flusterd becasue I could not see well I decided to walk out to the field road to see if maybe he had made it to the creek ...I look to my left and there he laid not 3 ft from my backpack right in the middle of the roadLOL ...well I loaded him up and hes hangging now ... I have an old black man who has asked for my next deer so he will be getting some fine meat ... thats 10 for the year .. 6 bucks 4 does ..

dd