HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Mail Men (9) thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 11:46 AM
extreme1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Chuck---No problem bud,and beleive me,you gave us some great info and tips as well and I thank you for that

Well I just spent a good part of the morning reading all 39 pages of our thread(yes a little bored---lol).It sure was great reflecting on what happened and transpired over the last 4 months or so.It sure did bring some smiles to my face reading all the posts and actually laughed out loud at alot of them as well.Everyone on the team are great guys and made me a little closer to you all as well.I feel deep down inside I have made a few more friends even though I havent met you's in person.Hopefully someday we can meet,and that would be the icing on the cake.You all sound like good,clean,ethical hunters and thats #1 in my book---Thank You for the great times and sharing your stories and hapenings with us,something that will not be forgotten.
I also want to thank everyone for nominating me as the team captain(for what it was worth) I still cant figure out what the team captain was supposed to do that all other 9 members of the team couldent,but thank you.Maybe next year we wont have the "captain" per say ,and let the MODS figure out all the problems and controversys on their own as they did during this contest.But I will assure everyone that when ever anyone needs help or advice and I can offer it to them you will be sure to count on me

Now on to my appology[&o] I am sorry for not producing for the team as I promised.I gave it 100% and did not happen.I promised myself and the team that it would be at least an 8 pointer and be 110" or more,maybe expecting to much for myself but it was my goal.I had a few oppertunities to harvest a smaller one but turned it down.I am a firm believer that you let the little ones go so maybe someday we can shoot a big one.Thats why I only shoot does if I really want the meat in my freezer.And if I get a buck as my trophy then its icing on the cake(and meat in the freezer as well).
If anyone of you gentlemen are on my team next year I will try my hardest as well as this year.Just being in the woods spending time with mother nature is what I ask for.Seeing any of the numerous animals run around makes great memories as well.
A few of the teammates harvested some nice bucks(a big congrats to you fellow mailmen)and some havent including myself,but there is always next year
Probably the most exciting thing that happened to me this year was running into the bear 2 consecutive times.And when he tried to climb the same tree I was in,looking him in the eyes I almost chit myself,something that will not be forgotten.And then the next time walking to my stand first thing in the morn to walk right into him,not comfortable.Good thing is he was young and had no mother,curious I suppose but a memory not to forget.
Again ,thank you everyone for giving me some great memories.I had a blast "hunting" with everyone and good luck to you lucky ones that are still hunting.Shoot something you will be happy with,not just for the team,cause as far as I am conserned (we are the winners)
We are the MAILMEN and we all delivered,in one way or another