HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!!
Old 01-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Ossage

Default RE: Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!!

Dan O Thanks for the history. I knew that wouldn't be right, I'm surprised it was so few times. So not in 20 years, kinda makes my point.

Terry M. It's a hard judgement call, but I still think that on ballance safe storage was worse than the registry. The registry is more sinister since it leads to confiscation. And the registry was started before the ST had even been fully implemented to see if it would help. But ST made it pretty difficult to have a loaded gun around, and opened up shooters to a lot of legal liability. Case in point is this guy on vacation in florida who is being charged in TO with unsafe storage when thieves spent 2 days cracking his 1700 pound safe!

Of course it was the conservatives who brought us the safe storage stuff. liberals brought us a the FAC and the registry, so they win the overall prize. Well really, it is just what the peasantry want.

The gun registry went to 1 or 2 billion from the earliest number of 2 million though that number was a joke. On that basis it went 1000 times over budget. 1000% is just ten times!