HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Aaaagh!! My old beloved PSE Edge just broke!!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 12:07 PM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Aaaagh!! My old beloved PSE Edge just broke!!!!

UPDATE.... UPDATE.... UPDATE....

Guys, I just got back from Green Top Sporting Goods (here in Richmond, VA). I brought my old bow up to them after talking to them on the phone. The guys looked all over my old PSE Edge bow and basically gave it last rights.

Long story short, the old bow is finished and will never been the same. They did confirm that the upper limb does have a slight twist and/or probably the limb pocket got torqued or the riser got slightly bent out of alignment.

[/align]It the old bow had serious sentimental value, then yes, they'd order all new tear drop cables and stuff and hook it all back up, but it probably will never shoot as well as it did. The cost to redo the entire bow would start around $100 bucks. But then it'snot worth the hassle of restringing awhole new cable system and new bow string and getting everything all reset back and aligned.
[/align]
[/align]"It has served its time well... Now it's time to look at a new bow...." --- quote unquote
[/align]
[/align]Anyway, I found a nice Parker Hunter-Mag lefty bow in the shop for $339. It felt nice and light, but I don't have any knowledge of Parker bows. I have to do a ton of comparison shopping and get a real nice lefty compound bow with a 30" draw and 65-70# draw weight. I have to look at Bowtech's and dozens of bows to find the one that just "feels right".
[/align]
[/align]