HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sightron Scopes?/ Scopes in General?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 05:05 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sightron Scopes?/ Scopes in General?

bloodtrail455

I think that you will always find that Leupold is the standard and something like a Ziess is way up there on cloud nine... A lot of the scope choice will be the $$'s you want to put into the purchase.

I run the gammet abit from expensive Leupolds down to a inexpensive BSA or Tasco World Class which ever you consider the cheapest.

The Sightron II is quite a scope by everything I have read, the Sightron I is the affordable model of the really good scope, with a few modifications to make it more competitive. I can not give you first hand information as I do not have one.

And since you said "Scopes in General", I would add:

I have not been able to justify the price of the Leupolds for a ML, although i probably should. I have compromised a bit by getting two 3x9x40 Bushnell Elite 3200's with the dual-X reticle. The biggest and most important feature, other clarity and lightgathering,on them for me has been the Rain Guard lenses - they really do work - very seldom do I ever resort to scope covers any more. I have one 3x9x40 Bushnell Trophy mounted on a ML with a Mil-Dot reticle - it is a shorter scope than normal and may require extended rings to mount it correctly. I have a Tasco 3x9x40 World Class mounted on my A&H with a Mil-dot reticle... This is a very inexpensive scope and everybody says they are crap and will not last, so I bought a back-up Bushnell just to have on the shelf. Well, the darn thing has been on for 4 or 5 years now and just keeps on ticking.

The one thing I would suggest look hard at a Mil-dot reticle for ML shooting they are a real advantage as the range increases and your projectile drops faster and faster. I would consider the Elites the best scope I own including the Leupold's if I could get a Mil-Dot reticle in them.

Good luck in your search...