HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY do u think we should have a antler restrictions?
Old 12-26-2005, 05:13 PM
CattNY

Default RE: NY do u think we should have a antler restrictions?

What about us hunters who are only able to get out to hunt a few times of the year. For example, at my place of work I often put in 50 hours a week. I'm not self employed or retired and I can't get out to hunt all that often. My point is, I can't hunt all damn week to wait for that trophy. If I see a small buck, that is my trophy and is usually the only deer I get all year.

If we did have AR and after a few years you shot a decent sized deer, would that be any more of a trophy than a 4 pointer before ARs????? Afterall, that buck could've been passed up when he was a smaller buck.

I'm sick of all this talk about ARs... Talk to the ANYONE who lives and hunt in Potter or McKean County of PA and see what they think of ARs.. I haven't met one person yet who is in favor of it.. Where are the trophies in PA?

Some of you may say pass on a small buck and shoot that doe for meat. My response to that is that is why our deer herd is hurting, too many of you doe killers and helping destroy the herd!