HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA (photo Added)
Old 12-26-2005, 10:14 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA

hello,rest assured they are here.in what numbers i do not know.these cameras today should help get a picture of one. i saw one about 15 years ago here in pottersdale, pa.it was young one.i called PGC and they were not interested.they said i identified a young mountain lion to a tee.i asked if they would come outand make tracks of it and they said, GROUND IS TOO HARD. i will say this, when you see one ,it will be something that you have never seen before.long tail about 2 ft, small head with go tee and big shoulders.i was so close that i scared it and it gave out a screach sound.when they run they dont run ANYTHING like a bobcat.i told the PGC it almost looked like 1 of those lightorange monkeys you see run in africa.no way when a mountain lion runs that it looks like a bobcat.i am in woods all time and have seen over 20 bobcats in 40 years and none ever look like a mountain lion. i also had witness with me who is in woods all time too,so,there you have it.now, i carry a camcorder all time while walking in woods ,if i am not hunting.i got some good shots of a black coyote already,take care.