HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - arthur, bg, paul, and other smart folks, a ?
Old 12-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: arthur, bg, paul, and other smart folks, a ?

I personally think it will shoot ok anyway. You will just lose peak weight and effeciency, meaning the bow will be slower. I bet it will still shoot well though. I would rather see him shooting a slow bow that fits him than a faster one that doesn't. Don't get too wrapped up in tuning either, there have been people win large tourniments with extremely out of tune bows. Form is far more important. A field tipped arrow with good fletching is pretty forgiving.

I wouldn't suggest it for hunting, but if he just wants something to fling arrows until he can get something better this should work. You will never Know unless you try. I wouldn't make the strings until you figure it out though. Heck, I wouldn't even put strings on it unless they were ready to fail.

You might pop into the PSE boards and ask around, they may now. Or get a hold of Grandpawrichard, does he visit here? or is it just eders and archery network? He might know about that bow, maybe. I can get in touch with him via one of the other boards if you want and have him look at this thread.

I agree though, I don't think there is anyway you are going to do it and have it be right, but I think it will work just fine.

Paul