HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Im am sick SICK SICK !
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Lanse couche couche
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Im am sick SICK SICK !

Gents,

A few final comments. First, someone (Browning?) made a comment about not discussing certain things like DD's situation. Sorry, but hunting is not a Disney Film. **** happens and I think that it is important to discuss it, warts and all. ALL viewpoints are important, even if more than a few of them have you setting there rolling your eyes.If you want sanitized discussion, go read Field and Stream.

As for my comments about lack of experience,it evidentally struck a nerve with NY. First, your comments about nightcrawler hunting indicated a lack of knowledge about the outdoors in general. Second, based on DD;s description (go back and re-read it before commenting, please), he fired at the wounded deer on fairly level ground at a slightly downward angle.
Unless he indicates otherwise, I think that it was a safe shot that would not endanger a worm hunter or homeless person (its Tennessee, not Central Park, by the way) at the bottom of a "gulley." Sorry, but you may have somedeer hunting experience, but your commentsraise enough red flags to makesome of us think that you experience has been limited to shooting at deer with a paintball gun in thesuburbs. But feel free to offer further commentary. I am waiting to see if you can top the nightcrawler/homeless personstatement....

I wish you all happy holidays, I'm off to Illinois for Christmas....