HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - been asked over and over, Iknow
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Justin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: been asked over and over, Iknow

There are a lot of stands out there that feature a sort of "quick-hang" system. With every Lone Wolf hang on stand you get an extra strap along with a hook that you can secure to the tree. The stand then hangs on the hook and leaves your arms free to secure the stand with another strap. For convenience, and security, sake you can purchase a few additional straps and hooks to leave in various trees for when you need to move a stand. It really comes in handy when putting a stand up in the dark.

Here is a photo of the hook...

And one in use...

As for the difference in the Lone Wolf versus the Gorilla it's not really something that translates well into words over the internet. The best way I can describe it is driving a Mercedes versus driving a KIA. The Lone Wolf is simply a better built product. Believe me, up until 2 years ago I was a cheap treestand guy. Whatever was on sale at Bass Pro was what I was gonna buy because after all "it's only a treestand". But after owning and using Lone Wolf stands for the past 2 years I really will never purchase anything else. Do I still hunt out of my old stands? Yes. Would I rather switch them all to Lone Wolf and throw them in the trash? Yes.

The bottom line is we all work hard for our money and it's tough forking out a lot of cash for a treestand. In my opinion I would rather spend my cash on the highest quality gear that's going to last a lifetime and I'm not going to ever regret. buying. Not to mention they're all made right here in the US by people who take deer hunting more seriously than 99% of us.