HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - openig day disaster!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 09:44 PM
RackLuster
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: openig day disaster!!!!!!

You almost had a worse day then me!

The day started at 4am with a 'I AWAKE!!!!' scream from the foot of my bed by my 2 year old (2 hours before she normally gets up). While brushing my teeth, as I spit I put my hand down on my wifes curling iron (still turned on of course) causing me to konk my head on the faucet!!!!! In such a hurry to get out of work I backed into a car on the way out of the parking!!!!!! Got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home, the day care lady says my daughter should go to the doctor, get to the woods about an hour and a half late, start moving my stand and I sliced open my thumb with my hand saw (not the one that I burned earlier). blood dripping all over my bow, release, quiver, stand. Managed to do a good Paul Bunyan impression on the tree though. I think I have one leaf providing me cover at this point.

Managed to get setup about 45 minutes before sunset. I didn't see a thing for the first time this year in that woods. Got snorted at on my way out though (well, i'm not sure if it was a snort or the deer laughing at the bloody idiot in the bare tree). I'm going out of town hunting the next two days and the forecast calls for rain and snow!

....But when that sun went down tonight it was just awesome out there. So calm and relaxing. Even though I didn't see deer it made up for the crappy day I had. Well, didn't make up for the backing into a car though. That one really sucks.

Edited by - rackluster on 10/15/2002 22:48:42