HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Disc Elite
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 02:22 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Knight Disc Elite

ORIGINAL: bghunter64

The Sportsman guide has this gun for a very reasonable price and before I buy it I have some questions. From what everyone here is saying about this gun it seems like a good deal. I have a few questions on the gun itself. If need be with practice and a good scope would it be accurate out to two hundred yards? Does it shoot 150 grains of powder? How much are the jackets and are they readily available? I know this is a lot of questions but there a lot of people on this forum who know a lot more than me and I value your opinion.
Thanks in advance for your input

the Knight Disc Elite is one of the finest shooting muzzleloaders Knight rifle made. What you're getting with that deal at Sportsman's guide is a $500.00+ rifle for a couple hundred bucks. Knight decided they are not going to continue the Elite line. Why? No idea. May they decided it is too hard to sell there top of the line rifles for twice that of the price of a Disc Elite. When the Disc Elite will shoot just as well.

My guess will be after customers start screaming at the loss of the rifle, it will come back into their line up. Just like the Bighorn did.

This rifle will shoot 150 grains of powder. Whether that will give you the best accuracy, only your rifle knows for sure. The 100 red primer holders vary in price from $7.95- 10.95 that I have seen. I shoot an older Disc so I still have the orange primer holders.

The red primer holders are easy to order at almost any on line store. You also get 100 of them with the rifle I believe, plus you can knock the spent primer out of them and reload them a couple times, so 100 primers you can figure 300 shots. I bought four bags of the orange primers and still have not worn out the first bag.

Your question of accuracy is a double edged sword. With a good scope and just learning the ballistics of the load you work up and then some range time, I see no reason why you could not pull of a 200 yard shot off say shooting sticks or something,and make a solid hit.

Then again you could be like my nephew who would be lucky to shoot and hit a barn doorwhen you stand him in front of it. Some people are natural born shooters some are not. Ifyou are an good shot to begin with, once you find the right load for the rifle, a 200 yard shot is something you should be able to do. Only you know whether you can make the shot whenit is presented to you. Give me that rifle, a good scope and the right projectile and I think I could do it...