HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Planting the seed - *Update* Success!!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:09 PM
MN_Deerman
Nontypical Buck

Default Planting the seed - *Update* Success!!

Well being that I've never bowhunted before, I think its time I gave it a shot. I've shot a bow a few times, enough to know that I want to practice and go hunting with it, butI don't have a bow..[&:]

Then I came up with my master plan.

As you all know Christmas is quickly approaching. Now I know that if I ask my wife for a bow for christmas, I would not get it simply because she likes to surprise me. If I asked for it and she got it for me, then there would be no surprise. I decided to ask her brother to help me out. I told him to pull her aside at some point and tell her that if she really wanted to surprise me with something, then she should buy me a bow.

I know I know, it wasn't a very nice thing to do but I feel it was for the greater good..As long as she never finds out that I put him up to this, then she will be content in knowing that she got me something that I really liked and "surprised" the heck out of me...I know that I will probably be going straight to hell for this, especially if by some small chance she finds out but it's acalculated riskI'm willing to take....

Wish me luck...