HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st time elk hunter questions.
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 01:43 PM
trouthunter

Default RE: 1st time elk hunter questions.

I hate the stair master, or any other gym cardio machines for that matter. If you want a break from the boring machines, hang a bag in the garage, get a set of 1lb gloves, and go to town. Bag workout not only gives you good upper strength training, but really helps your wind and your legs. Go to more of endurance weight training instead of heavy “bulk up” weight training. Quite literally- Walk! Walk to work if you can, or park at the end of the lot and walk in. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If it is not too far and you have the time, walk.

I used to have a gym membership and tried to follow the above when I lived in the city, but I’m moving to the country where I will have the advantage to do more hiking to get/keep in shape. Most of my hiking will also be in scouting my hunting areas, so as long as I don’t turn into too much of a couch potato, I should stay in good shape throughout the year doing what I love doing right out my back door.

If you get horses, you’ll never want to hunt again without them! Hope that works out for you too!