HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heres My Buck from last weekend
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 08:39 AM
texhookem

Default RE: Deer Down Help with Pics

Sry MN Deerman, butyou gotta say that when you post a pic of a texas deer because for some reason people always seem to conclude that if its a nice deer from texas it had to come a from a fenced area, and in my expierience most were from the north.

DoctorDeath, Last time i checkedTexas is not in Alabama is it? It is completely legal to carry a handgun to hunt with in texas and since my lease only 4 miles from Mexico border patrol and the game warden who we are good freinds withstrongly suggets carrying a handgun for defense and all the guys on our lease do it. My dad wont let me hunt alone without my pistol (technically its one of his but I use it) and it is completely legal for me at 15 years old to carry a pistol after taking a hunters education coursewith me while I am in the pasture hunting as long as it is in plain sight. That is according to border patrol and Henry, our game warden.The reason for this is that there have been 3 KNOWNinstances of drug smuggling across the ranch our lease is on, and the smugglerswere all armed. And we always find chairs from our blinds on the ground meaningillegals sleep in our blinds all the time. I would not want to be unarmed when confronting an illeagalat 6 o clock in the morning. When we are down there in the summerworking my dad keeps an M4 carbine in the truck because there are very few people on the ranch at that time.

Zrex, thanks for offering to do the pics. They are on the way.