HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Darn 243's and Magnums
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Rammer
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Darn 243's and Magnums

The only real way to take a deer is with bow an arrow so you don't wreck any meat

I guess I don't get too worked up over the calibers people use to shoot deer with. I get pissed when I see 2 legged/3 legged deer running around. Its the people that shoot these big magnums, but are too scared to leave their eyes open when they "yank" on the trigger that are causing this I believe. I have a buddy that shoots a 300WSM and is going to trade it off for a 300 Ultra Mag, because it just can't kill deer. Then when I watch him shoot, I know when he is going to pull the trigger because the rifle jerks, his head is pulled and BANG, followed by a few choice words, then BANG, then a few more choice words, then BANG again, and Yaaa that slowed him down a little as a leg is flopping.

So I guess I get upset when people are "Magnum Crazy" and they have to have a hand cannon in order to kill a deer.

Personally, I love shooting deer with my lil 243, 95gr CT BTs work wonders on deer (all dropped dead in their tracks last fall) and this year I shot 100gr Sierra BT SP, and the one deer I shot with it (so far) dropped right in her tracks.