HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CNN against youth hunters?!?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 08:05 AM
PSEsilverhawk55

Default RE: CNN against youth hunters?!?

i see the title of it and that it was goin to be worse that i really was, it really wasnt that bad, and they said that the was a few cases of someone gettin shot last year that involed minors, as for that i would have to say that is more of the parents/guardians falt for not checkin and makin sure of the target and also not makin sure that the child did not do the same. And i would have to agree about gettin in to the woods and away from the tv. durin the first 3 year i hunted i only hunted the two weekend of firearm season here in Illinois and it got me away from tv for a good part of the day and i enjoyed it. if i had not been out in the woods huntin i would have been home watchin tv and gamin. My 4 yearold brother has also expressed the fact that he wanted to gun with dad and i. So one day of the archery season we took him and my dad set up the ground blind and they set in there. My dad ended up havein to take him home after about 30 mins. or so cause he got cold and bored. in a few more years i do plan on takin him out and get him started in the great sport the i enjoy hopen that he will enjoy it the same. and when i get old and have kids of my own i do hope that i still will be able to do the same with them.