HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Score Keeping?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 09:17 AM
21st Cent.

Default Score Keeping?

The double scoring system that is utilized at all National IBO shoots, is in my estimation the best method of keeping things on the up and up. I would think that everyone who has shot at very many IBO shoots has either made or has seen mistakes made in score keeping. Of course, addition mistakes will be made, but the most common mistake that I have seen made, is score cards that do not match. The mismatched scores stems from marking the wrong person’s card, marking the wrong target, or probably the most common putting the scoring mark in the wrong scoring column. From personal experience I know how frustrating it is to finish a group of targets and find out that the score cards do not match. In these situation one thing is almost assured, if I am very many targets removed from the mistake I will not remember what my own score was on a previous targets, much less what someone else scored. It is the above situation that brings me to my question. What is the proper manner of handling this very common situation?

I have personally seen it handled in different ways;

The lower score is automatically awarded.
The higher score is automatically awarded.
A coin is flipped.