HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Released Coyotes in NY in 1983
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 07:45 AM
PABuck_HNTR
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Released Coyotes in NY in 1983

Why is it such a stretch to believe that any Government agency couldn't be involved in such things as releasing coyotes or any other species for that matter? Not saying I beleive all the rumors, but it is possible that the DEC of DNRC are lying about things. I live around Lake Erie where zebra mussels and gobies all of a sudden appeared, supposedly on ships from over seas. You mean to tell me that all of a sudden these creatures decided to move 1000's of miles to a new water source on their own andmultiply as fast as they did. I think not. Pennsylvania's Elk herd was wiped out at one time. Who reintroduced the Elk back to Pa? The PGC released the Rocky Mountain Elk back to Penn's Woods.I just don't know why you guys bash everyone who has other ideas that are entirely possible to be correct. I don't have the faith in the PGC or other agency's like I used to, seeing what has happened in NY to their deer herd and what is starting to happen to Pa's deer herd. Are they responsible for Coyotes and Mountain lions? I have no clue, but neither do you that they didn't.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=458&q=150769