HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MATTHEWS California buck pic
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 09:46 AM
MATTHEWS

Default RE: MATTHEWS California buck pic

Well here is the story. Stationed in California for the USMC 2500 miles from my hometown of Connellsville Pennsylvania has been very difficult. But I did not let the miles separate me from my love of bowhunting. Hunting California has been very difficult and also very different. I had to travel four hours to shoot this buck. The season starts in early July here in the Northern Coastal area of CA. I was on the ground when I shot this 2X2 blacktail. He was traveling with another 2X2 buck. I just circled around these deer and got to where I thought they were headed, and sure enough they came within 25 yds of me. I shot this buck dead center in the heart, and he piled up within 25 yds. Hunting in California has been a challenging and rewarding experience, but I will finish my active duty in 2004 to return to Pennsylvania to continue my love of archery hunting. Although I still make it home for some of the hunting seasons. I just cant wait to finish my active duty. To return to my normal hunting conditions again. Thanks everyone on the forum, and GOD BLESS