HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Powerbelts
Thread: Powerbelts
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 04:32 AM
yakfisher
Fork Horn

Default RE: Powerbelts

I have used Powerbelts for years and have harvested several deer with them. I have recently switched to sabots in my inlines, but I still shoot Powerbelts out of my Renegade. It is the gun that I have harvested the most deer with usingPowerbelts. All of thePowerbelt shotshave been full pass throughs or have beenfound on the other side of the body between the meat and the hide fully expanded. The pass throughs usually have a rather large exit hole. I still have one that I recovered from the first deer I harvested with a Powerbelt. I will try to post a pic of it when I get home from work this afternoon. The expansion was pretty impressive.I have never had a deer run more than twenty or thirty yards using these bullets and most piled up right where I shot them. The buck I shot this year never took a step and I shot him at about 25 yds with my Knight Bighorn with 90gr 777 and a 245gr Powerbelt. I have never used the 223gr bullet, but I am sure it will perform similar to the 245gr bullet, which is what I use. I have also used the 295gr bullets withexcellentresults. And as far as being easy to load, I have yet to find a bullet that is easier to load than a Powerbelt! Good luck andgive ussome picks and detailsof what you harvest with your 223gr Powerbelts. I would be interested in how they performed for you.